Discovering Music Theory is a suite of workbooks and corresponding answer books that offers all-round preparation for the updated ABRSM Music Theory exams from 2020, including the new online papers. This full-colour workbook will equip students of all ages with the skills, knowledge and understanding required for the ABRSM Grade 1 Music Theory exam. Written to make theory engaging and relevant to developing musicians of all ages, it offers:
- straightforward explanations of all new concepts
- progressive exercises to build skills and understanding, step by step
- challenge questions to extend learning and develop music-writing skills
- helpful tips for how to approach specific exercises
- ideas for linking theory to music listening, performing and instrumental/singing lessons
- clear signposting and progress reviews throughout
- a sample practice exam paper showing you what to expect in the new style of exams from 2020.
As well as fully supporting the ABRSM theory syllabus, Discovering Music Theory provides an excellent resource for anyone wishing to develop their music literacy skills, including GCSE and A-Level candidates, and adult learners.
Developed with experts in the field, the Discovering Music Theory series includes five graded workbooks and corresponding answer books that offer complete preparation for our new theory exams at Grades 1 to 5. It contains progressive exercises interspersed with timely explanations, tips and reminders, enabling musicians to build up their knowledge and understanding of music theory step by step. Each workbook includes a practice exam paper, reflective of the new style question types that candidates can expect to see during their exam, ensuring that they can feel confident in their preparation. Discovering Music Theory links theory with music listening and playing, it also encourages learners to apply theory in a wider musical context, and really see how it supports and enhances their practical performance skills.
This colourful and attractive collection of books will be an essential for theory learners at Grades 1-5.